Making Peace with Screens and Gaming
How to live in harmony with children and technology.
Do you have a child that uses technology on a regular basis? Are you worried about how long your child is gaming every day, or watching YouTube, but you don’t want to be in a policing role all the time? ……..then this course is for you.
Here’s why making peace with screens and gaming is important.
Many peaceful parents get caught up in conflict over screen time and gaming. They end up worried, yelling and nagging, even though they don’t want to be like that. The struggle with technology use exhausts everyone and dampens the the joy in family life.
Our fears about the effects of screen time can begin to control our words and actions. Imposing and policing rules and limits can bring us into daily conflict with our child and generate a lot of painful feelings. This course will help to calm your anxieties and bring more peace and kindness into your home.
Calm your fears and build connection and confidence.
This course will help you:
- Feel reassured that your child is OK and that you can find solutions to problems together.
- Ask questions of an experienced “gamer mum” who has been through all the same anxieties and challenges.
- Learn why parent-imposed limits and rules can do more harm than good.
- Trust your inner wisdom and follow a path that suits your child and your family.
- Learn how to question your thinking and dissolve your problems.
Here’s what people have said about my recent courses.
“I really enjoyed listening to Freya’s course. I love the way she was able to change her mindset about screens. She gave me some tools I could use to conquer my fears, which seem really helpful in my process of learning to let go and embrace living life with my family and building a good relationship with my children. She is very inspiring.” Lorene
“It helped with my confidence to follow our own path with home education and to spend more time observing and to participate more with my son’s interests such as gaming and how to record learning outcomes this way.” Sonya
“It’s given me a lot of confidence to stray from the curriculum when the need arises. It’s certainly helped me relax a little bit and go with the flow. In just the few weeks I’ve been doing this course I’ve noticed a little more child-directed learning and am nurturing that as we go along. It’s very exciting, almost like learning to walk again but differently.” Fiona
This course will suit:
- …parents (especially home educators) who are willing to question their beliefs and look within for answers.
- … those who are struggling with their child over screens or gaming and would like to find peaceful solutions.
- … those who are worried about their child’s use of technology.
- … parents who are committed to finding alternatives to threats, punishments and imposing limits.
- … peaceful parents who would like to shift family life to a new level of joy, ease and harmony.
Connect with other peaceful parents and find relief from stress.
1. Video lessons for 3 weeks (4.5 hours total).
2. Links to articles, FB group and worksheets.
3. Practical exercises to raise your awareness, change your thinking and your reactions.
4. Resources for further reading.
5. Lifetime access. Do the course at your own pace. This course does not have an expiry date.
My life was turned upside down by the intense challenges of raising two spirited boys who were passionate gamers for 10 years.
I’m a parenting, unschooling and spiritual mentor and writer.
My latest blog posts.
When we fight with them in the toy store, are we teaching our child that money is scarce? Money is a big, scary topic for so many of us. It can be confronting to notice our fears and beliefs around money (and the lack thereof) and how we are passing these on to the next…
Are you sitting on the fence, not knowing which way to go in your parenting journey? Maybe you’ve been doing all the “attachment parenting” things with your young child, but it’s all become much harder now that they’ve grown a will of their own and are asserting it? Are you wondering: “Why won’t they cooperate…