Joyful Parenting Course
Do you want more peace and joy in your family life?
A 6 Week Course to transform your experience of parenting into a relaxed, joyful flow.
The Joyful Parenting Course will teach you the five skills that help you solve every family problem. Based on the book Joyful Parenting this course is grounded in real life experience and tackles the most challenging issues head-on. Say farewell to stress and conflict, and hello to balance and harmony.
This practical 6 Week Course shows you how to:
• Connect with your inner calm and wisdom, even in the most challenging moments.
• Use easy, quick practices that will transform the way you communicate.
• Dissolve old habits and beliefs that bring stress into your relationships.
• Banish anxiety and struggle and relax into the joyful flow of life.
• Use play to build closeness and connection.
Based on the Joyful Parenting Book, this course brings together the wisdom of spiritual and parenting leaders such as Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now), Byron Katie (The Work), Dr. Thomas Gordon (Parent Effectiveness Training), Marshall Rosenburg (Nonviolent Communication) and Lawrence Cohen (Playful Parenting).
Instead of reading countless parenting books and relying on trial and error you can learn directly from someone who has walked down the path themselves and mastered the art of conscious, peaceful parenting.
In the safe and confidential space offered by this course you will be supported to find your own solutions to family problems.
This course provides a clear and achievable path to punishment-free parenting even with the most spirited and challenging children.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this course
Module 1: The power of presence.
- How to connect with your inner calm even in the most challenging moments.
- Learn to notice your old habits of thinking and speaking and change them.
- Experience yourself as Aware Presence.
Module 2: How to help with your child’s problems.
- Notice how your reactions get in the way of helping your child and learn how to change this.
- Understand how to Listen in Presence.
- Get practical tips on what you can say to your angry, anxious or demanding child.
Module 3: How to dissolve your stress and worry.
- Learn how to find new solutions to the most challenging issues.
- Get help to identify the beliefs that are causing your stress and learn to dissolve them.
- Learn how to use the process of self-inquiry designed by Byron Katie.
Module 4: How to ask for help with your own problems.
- Discover new, peaceful ways to get more co-operation from your child.
- Learn how to make assertive requests rather than demands.
- Discover new ways to take care of yourself so you aren’t in constant overwhelm.
Module 5: What to do when you are stuck in conflict with your child.
- Master the skill of Creative Problem Solving.
- Learn how to guide a process that empowers your whole family to find solutions together.
- Explore practical solutions to chronic problems. We’ll talk about screen time, tantrums, cleanliness, anxieties, violence, homework or whatever it is you are struggling with.
Module 6: How to let your children lead you towards fun and connection.
- Learn how play can help children resolve their own problems.
- Understand your beliefs about different forms of play.
- Discover ways to use play to build trust and connection with your child.
This course will suit:
- Spiritually-inclined, conscious parents who are willing to question their beliefs and look within for answers,
- Those who are struggling with their strong-willed, spirited or quirky child and would like to find peaceful solutions,
- Those who are concerned about their own yelling, frustration, anxiety or general exhaustion and overwhelm,
- All parents who are committed to finding alternatives to threats, punishments and imposing limits.
- Confident parents who would like to shift family life to a new level of harmony and model life-enhancing communication and problem solving skills for their children.
- Designed for parents with children of any age. These skills work just as well with toddlers and teens and are great for all your relationships.
Connect with other peaceful parents and find relief from stress.
ONLINE COURSE INCLUDES:
1. Video lessons on each course module. (4:21 Hrs) Watch them whenever you like.
2. Audio copy of “Joyful Parenting” book included in the course (5:33 Hrs).
3. Personal coaching by Freya Dawson included for all participants. Ask as many questions as you like via FB group, Messenger or email and get help with your specific challenges.
4. Practical exercises to help raise your awareness and change your habits.
5. Private FB group for course participants and graduates only. Moderated by Freya personally.
6. Lifetime access. Do the course at your own pace. This course does not have an expiry date.
My life was turned upside down by the intense challenges of raising two spirited children. Right from the start of my parenting journey I rejected a conventional, punishment-based approach. In order to live peacefully and joyfully with my children I had to learn some new skills. In the years that followed, I discovered how to transform my experience as a parent. I’m a writer, parenting mentor, unschooler, spiritual mentor and Doctor of Law,
My latest blog posts.
Unschooling is a type of home education that is based on following the interests of the child. Parents that support an unschooling approach do not force their child to learn according to the system of defined by the school curriculum. Children are free to learn how, when and what they choose with the support and…
The main topic that I’ve been thinking about for the last month is the effect of repressed childhood anger on relationships, especially with our children. Many people believe that they were traumatised by an angry parent and they worry about getting angry at their own children. I know many mothers who believe that they have…